- Sphere Sound object: Holds a sound or piece of music that can be played.
- Sphere SoundEffect object: Holds a sound that can be played. This powerful object is designed mainly for sound effects.
- LoadSound(filename [, streaming]): Load a sound from filename, streaming from disk optional.
- Sound.play(repeat): Play the sound, loop if repeat is true.
- Sound.pause(): Pause playback of the sound. Call Sound.play() to resume.
- Sound.stop(): Stop playback of the sound.
- Sound.reset(): Resets playback. No effect on MIDIs.
- Sound.setRepeat(repeat): Sets if the sound should be repeated.
- Sound.getRepeat(): Returns true if sound is set to repeat, otherwise false.
- Sound.isPlaying(): Check if the sound is currently playing.
- Sound.isSeekable(): Returns true if the sound is seekable. Not all sound types are seekable, Ogg is.
- Sound.getLength(): Gets the length of the sound.
- Sound.clone(): Returns a copy of the sound object.
- Sound.getPosition(): Returns the position of the sound, zero if the sound isn't seekable.
- Sound.setPosition(position): Sets the position of the sound. Does nothing if the sound isn't seekable.
- Sound.getVolume(): Get the volume of the sound (0-255). No effect on MIDIs.
- Sound.setVolume(volume): Set the volume of the sound (0-255). No effect on MIDIs.
- Sound.setPan(pan): Pan can be from -255 to 255. -255 = left, 255 = right. No effect on MIDIs.
- Sound.getPan(): Returns the current pan of the sound. No effect on MIDIs.
- Sound.setPitch(pitch): Sets the pitch for a sound. No effect on MIDIs.
- Sound.getPitch(): Returns the current pitch. No effect on MIDIs.
Sound Effect object
- Sphere SoundEffect object
- LoadSoundEffect(filename [, type]): returns a SoundEffect object from 'filename'. If Sphere is unable to open the file, the engine will give an error message and exit. There are two types of sound effects: SE_SINGLE and SE_MULTIPLE.
- SE_SINGLE sound effects only allow the sound to be played once at a time.
- SE_MULTIPLE sound effects always open a new stream to the audio device for each time it is played (cleaning up or reusing old streams if possible).
- SoundEffect.play(): plays the sound effect.
- If the sound effect is of type SE_SINGLE, this plays the sound if it isn't playing yet, and starts it again if it is.
- If the sound effect is of type SE_MULTIPLE, play() simply starts playing the sound again.
- SoundEffect.stop(): stops playback
- If the sound is of type SE_SINGLE, stop the sound.
- If it is of type SE_MULTIPLE, stop all playing instances of the sound.
- SoundEffect.setVolume(volume): sets the volume for the sound effect (0-255)
- SoundEffect.getVolume(): returns the sound effect's volume (0-255)
- SoundEffect.setPan(pan): pan ranges from -255 to 255. -255 = left, 255 = right. pan defaults to 0 (center).
- SoundEffect.getPan(): returns the current pan of the sound effect
- SoundEffect.setPitch(pitch): pitch ranges from 0.5 to 2.0. 0.5 is an octave down (and half as fast) while 2.0 is an octave up (and twice as fast). pitch defaults to 1.0
- SoundEffect.getPitch(): returns the current pitch