(Redirected from LoadFont)
Loads a Sphere font from a file.
- filename string. Filename of the font to load, relative to the project's fonts subdirectory
The following example will show the text using the font myfont.rfn, inside the game's fonts subdirectory (the font file must exist first):
var f = LoadFont("myfont.rfn"); f.drawText(100, 80, "This text is drawn with a font."); FlipScreen(); GetKey();
- To load fonts in subdirectories other than fonts, use one of the following prefixes, followed by the desired path:
- ~/ to load from the game's base directory. This allows for better organisation.
- /common/ to load from Sphere/common/, a directory that can be shared by all games.
- If text needs to be displayed, but the font style isn't important, consider the alternative function GetSystemFont().