Though Sphere was designed to make RPGs, because of the flexibility of a scripting language it can be used to make almost any other type of game.
Certain experimental versions of Sphere also support basic 3D graphics functions using the OpenGL video driver. However, it is more complicated to use than the 2D graphics functions and was never officially folded back into Sphere.
updated screenshots to come
- Official downloads repository
- You may find all official Sphere downloads here, including Windows binaries for the engines and editors and officially recommended supporting scripts and libraries!
- http://github.com/sphere-group - Sphere development on GitHub
- https://github.com/fatcerberus/minisphere - MiniSphere development on GitHub
- http://sphere.sourceforge.net/ - The original official Sphere website (needs maintenance)